Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's goals

Started to get yet another cold on Dec 31st.  I felt ok enough to go out, but I didn't make it to midnight.  I was in bed by 11:30.  We went out with another couple for drinks and appetizers to a new resteraunt in town called "State & Main".  It was really good.  I only had one glass of wine since I was the designated driver (I was sick so I volunteered).  New Year's Day I spent in bed sick.  Not good.  I am the type of person that wants the Christmas decorations down on December 26th but since I was late this year I decided to wait until New Years.  They are still up and it's driving me nuts!  I went to work today but I wasn't feeling great.  So it looks like the decorations will be up till the weekend.  I didn't go to Body Pump today after work, just not feeling up to it.  Hopefully this cold will leave soon!!  I'm not much of a New Year's resolution person but it is a nice time of year to re-evaluate goals.  Fresh start.  So here's a few things I would like to accomplish this year:


  1. Get back to goal weight.   As of today I'm 6.7 lbs over goal.  It's not a lot but it has to go!  I will do this.  I also want to make sure I weigh in once a month at WW.  I have slipped a bit on this one, missed a month a few times last year.  
  2. Run a 10 K race.  Even though I haven't done a ton of running lately I think I can do this.  There are a few races in June that I want to do:  Bridge City Boogie and Mogathon.  I have started a modified (by modified I mean that I'm not at the "couch" stage so I run more than it suggests) "couch to 10K" plan so hopefully by June I will be ready!  
  3. Get stronger.  What this means is to continue going to Body Pump classes and to increase my weights.  I have been stuck a bit and I need to really push it more.  I would love to get more toned this year.  Wouldn't we all right?
  4. Blog more.  I got away from blogging once I reached goal.  I wasn't doing weekly weigh ins anymore so it just kind of went to the bottom of the "to do" list.  I am being realistic though and I'm going to strive for 2 times a week at least.  
I am excited about 2013!  Lots of awesome things will be happening.  We are planning another trip to Las Vegas in March.  My husband and I are turning 50 in June!  At 50 years old I will be running in a 10 K race.  We have a family reunion in July.   My niece is getting married in September.  I'm sure there will be lots of other great things in 2013 too.  Bring it on!  but first I need to get over this %$#@ing cold!!



One more thing!!  I would like to ask you to go over to http://www.reducedfatgirl.com/ and vote for me!  That would be awesome.  Thanks in advance :-)

4 comments:

Reche said...

Kim! I followed the link to your blog from reducedfatgirl.com and started following you. I was reading this entry and realized you are in Saskatoon. Me too! That is all. I love that the internet is so big, yet the world is so small.

Kim A said...

How cool is that? Are you a Weight Watcher person? I love reducedfatgirl blog. She is so inspiring and has tons of spunk too! Nice to see you here :)

Shelley said...

Proud of you for taking control of your very small gain - this is why you, my friend, will never be obese again! Happy New Year - hope you're feeling better soon.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Here's to a healthy, happy and... ummmm... I guess, healthy... new year!