- Dairy - Yes this will be hard for me. I quit drinking milk quite awhile ago but I eat greek yogurt almost every day for lunch. I love cheese and of course there's ice cream and frozen yogurt. Don't get me started!
- Grains - This won't be too bad because I'm not a big bread eater as such but don't get me wrong, I do like my grains. Almost every morning I have been having a bowl of oatmeal with fruit and almond milk. Not to mention rice, and quinoa. This will be interesting. I will be building my meals around a protein source and a few vegetables instead of adding a starch.
- Alcohol - No problem. I usually have one (sometimes 2) glasses of red wine a week. I can drop that.
- Sugar and sugar substitutes - WHAT?? This will be a challenge. I use flavored coffee creamer in my coffee and I love it. But I can do it. Today I used unsweetened almond milk and it was ok. Not great but ok. I may actually drop that and just drink it black.
- Legumes - Not too hard for me but I will have to find a good Paleo Chili recipe with no beans. Chili without beans? I'm sceptical for sure. I can do this.
- Vegetables - I love vegetables! Supposed to be organic when possible. No potatoes, only sweet potatoes.
- Meat, seafood and eggs - Grass fed meat, wild caught seafood, and free range eggs. This won't always be possible but I'll try.
- Fruit - I love fruit but there's a catch. If weight loss is one of your goals you aren't supposed to eat a lot of fruit. Which makes sense, lots of natural sugar. And if possible should be eaten with a meal.
- Healthy fats - Coconut, Avocado, and Olive Oil. Nuts and nut butters. Not peanuts, apparently they are a legume. Who knew.
How did day 1 go? Actually not bad. I was off today. I got my workout in this morning. It was -43 C with the windchill factor so I was very thankful to have my Body Pump kit at home from beachbody.com I have the weights and the videos. If I can't get to the gym, or if it's really cold and I don't want to go I can do it at home! I wasn't really hungry but after supper I did have the sweet craving thing going on. I had an orange. It helped for sure. One of the rules is that you really aren't suppposed to eat between meals.
So here I go. I'm going to try my hardest to make this work. What could you give up for 30 days?