Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 3

Thoughts on Day 3.  Not weighing myself for a month is going to be difficult.  I had a headache this afternoon.  Not sure if that is side effect from this plan or just being at work (I had 4 days off and today was my first day back).  Water consumption was spot on.  I have been trying to get in 2 liters at least and I've been way over that all 3 days.

Meals were pretty simple.  For breakfast I had 2 egg cups, steamed baby squash and an orange.  Instead of taking my yummy coffee with the coffee "crack" (sweetened creamer) to work with me I had it before work, black.  It wasn't horrible and I think I will get used to it.  I had water on both my coffee breaks.  Normally I would have a snack on both breaks.  A piece of fruit, or a Fiber one bar.

Lunch was the very same salad as yesterday.  It was so good and kept me full all afternoon too.

Once again I was very hungry when I got home from work.  I had a few almonds and got to work cooking supper.  Both boys were home tonight which doesn't happen very often (my husband is away).  I made them spaghetti and spaghetti squash for me.  I bought a jar of organic, no sugar added marinara sauce and used that.  Steamed broccoli and mini turkey meat loaves that I made last night.  Quick meal and very good!

I had an apple after supper and I really couldn't believe how sweet it tasted!  Amazing.


The recipe for the turkey meat loaves was from http://paleointensified.wordpress.com/category/dinner/

Mini Turkey Meat Loaves

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
  • 1 medium zucchini, shredded or chopped finely
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/3 cup chia seeds (or the Hemp Hearts from Costco!)
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Feel free to add mushrooms or other veggies are good additions too!
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray a nonstick muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Gently mix turkey, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, egg, vinegar, mustard, other veggies, pepper
and salt in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Equally divide the mixture
among the muffin cups.
3. Bake until the meatloaves are cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the
center registers 165 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Let the loaves stand in the pan for 5 minutes
before serving.
Makes 6 servings, 2 loaves each.


No comments: