Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 7

Day 7 - Pretty good day today.  I was awake early on my only day off of the week!  6:30, but I was able to go back to sleep for awhile and then laze around in bed till about 9:00.  I got up and decided I wanted something other than eggs today.  Really missing my oatmeal.  I found a great recipe for pancakes so I made those.  The recipe can be found at the civilized caveman website http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/breakfast/perfect-paleo-pancakes/  They seriously have only 4 ingredients!  Bananas, almond butter, cinnamon and eggs.


Perfect Paleo Pancakes:

Ingredients:   3 Bananas
                    3 eggs
                    1/2 cup almond butter
                    2 tsp cinnamon

Instructions:
Preheat a skillet to 350 degrees fahrenheit
Combine all of your ingredients in your magic bullet, blender, or food processor and mix well until you have a batter
Grease your skillet with coconut oil and pour your batter making 3-4 inch pancakes
Cook 2-3 minutes per side and then flip for 2-3 minutes
(I cut this recipe by 2/3  so I only used 1 banana, 1 egg, then I just eye-balled the almond butter and cinnamon as I was the only one eating these and that is how many it made)

mine didn't turn out quite as nice as the website, but they were delicious!  

I'm contemplating quitting my gym membership.  I find it's just so busy there now.  When I first joined it was new, and it was always so quiet, but now it's insanely busy there.  And recently all I was going there for was Body Pump and Yoga.  Seriously, this beachbody Body Pump (yes it's a Les Mills program) that I got is the same and I can do it at home.  I have my treadmill and then when Spring comes I will run outside again.  Just thinking about it right now, but I haven't been there since before Christmas so it's a waste of money.  Today I did the 30 minute Body Pump and a 25 minute Body Flow (yoga).  It was great!  I didn't even have to leave the house :-)

Roast beef supper at my parents tonight.  I did really good.  Stuck to my plan.  Lots of food that I couldn't have but it was no problem.  I had roast beef, a big salad and fruit for dessert.  On to day 8 tomorrow!

No comments: