Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 10

Day 10 - So. Cold. Outside.

OK enough bitching.  Whole 30 challenge still going strong.  Something I miss, sugar free gum!  I realize that I chew a lot of gum.  Just to freshen my breath between meals.  But sugar and sugar substitues free means no gum for me.  I know that's a small amount but I'm really trying to do this thing as much to the letter as I can.

Breakfast was Avocado "toad in a hole".  It was delicious!  The other half of that avocado is in the fridge and I will be having that again tomorrow.  Basically you just slice an avocado and fry in some olive oil, add an egg in the middle and cook.  I flipped it once and covered it because I don't like a runny yolk.  Quick and easy.  Had it with some salsa and a mini turkey meatloaf that I had made ahead and froze.

Avocado toad in a hole (not pictured - mini turkey meatloaf I ate it while cooking this!)

Lunch was a salad with grilled chicken, nothing special.  I'm going to have to research and find a new dressing because even though I like balsamic vinegar and olive oil it's starting to get old.  I also had an orange.  I need to get groceries.  I'm running out of fruit!  

No snack.  I forgot to pack one.  I have some almonds in the car and I ate a few of those on the way home :)

For supper I made a big stir fry.  Lots of veggies and shrimp!  I really had no idea what to put in it that was on the plan.  I used olive oil and garlic and lemon.  Once again, some research and I'm sure I could have found some options.  I ordered pizza for the boys because I thought they wouldn't like what I cooked.  The pizza didn't bother me.  I'm really dedicated.  Surpising myself actually.  I was right, the stir fry was a bit bland but good.  Yummy veggies and shrimp it was good but I think it could have been better.  I also had an apple with almond butter for "dessert".  Love that.  

colorful stir fry

All of these spice mixes contain sugar.  I'm surprised, are you?

No comments: