Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cap 'n Crunch and Anchors

Strange title I know, now let me explain.  I was watching "Live with Regis and Kelly" the other day and Kelly was talking about how fast men lose weight.  Of course I had to listen to what she had to say.  She said she had heard a story of a man that just gave up eating Cap 'n crunch and lost 25 lbs.  I had to laugh at that!  Apparently he was eating a box a day.  Wow.  That's a lot of Cap 'n crunch!  You can read the story HERE  I am happy that Dean has lost 13 lbs but it is frustrating that he is losing it so much faster than me.  Sigh.  Now on to anchors!  At my Weight Watchers meeting a few weeks ago our leader was talking about anchors.  Things that you can use to remind yourself about your weight loss.  A picture or quote on your fridge, or another idea she had was to put marbles or stones in a jar.  One stone or marble for every pound you lose.  If you gain of course you have to take one out.  I bought a cute little jar and some beautiful turquoise glass stones the other night.  I put my 4 stones in it and put it on my window sill in my kitchen.  I like it.  It is a cool little reminder of how I'm doing.  My anchor.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

What a pretty visual - it will be neat to see pictures as you fill the jar!