Friday, March 14, 2014

Random Ramblings....

Today is the first of 4 days off for me!  I've made a big to-do list and ready to tackle some of the things that I've been putting off.  In my opinion, there is nothing like checking things off a list to make you feel good.  One of the first things on my list is to go to the gym.  I need to get back there and after this week I just know it's time.  We had a few really nice days where the sun was shining, the snow was melting and I just couldn't stop myself from getting out and walking.  I took Kayla (my dog) to the dog park on Sunday and I walked for a half an hour 3 days on my lunch breaks.  I was loving it, but I'm sorry to say my foot was not.  I have been in so much pain these past few days it's not even funny.  To make a long story short I feel I need to totally stop the "extra" walking and switch up my exercise to stationary bike, rowing machine, elliptical, etc for now.  I talked to a woman at work that has plantar faciitis and she has custom fit orthotics and is totally cured.  She never walks in bare feet and wears shoes with her orthotics (even in the house) all the time.  Frick.  I love bare feet.  I never wear shoes in the house.  But I hate this pain.  So I went to the drugstore last night and got on the Dr. Scholl's machine and got my foot profile.  $49.99 later I have a pair of "custom fit" orthotics.  I know, I know these are not the kind from the Podiatrist but I'm hoping they will help.  6 month money back guarantee so what do I have to lose?  And here is the thing, I wore them a bit last night and set them by my bed.  I put them on this morning and I have hardly had any pain since!  We'll see.  With any luck the grossly inflamed and damaged tissue in my foot will heal and I can proceed with what I love, walking and running (slowly!).  Time will tell.  In the meantime, I will get my sorry ass to the gym!

Weight Watchers was good this week.  I lost 1.6 lbs.  I thought it might be more but I'm happy with a loss.  Down 7 in total since recommitting to the program.  It's funny I see people in what looks like "weigh in day" clothes.  Yoga pants, dresses, etc.  I have been there but I swear I will not play those games again.  I go directly from work and I am generally in jeans.  That's what I am going to wear to weigh in.  I used to play those games where I knew I hadn't lost much so I would wear something lighter, or go to a morning meeting instead of an evening or noon one.  Not going there folks.  This is going to be a slow process but one that will get me there.  I'm anxious to get out of the 190's though, hopefully next week.

One thing I have noticed about the meetings is the product pushing and the "formula" meeting.  The WW flip charts and topics are usually from the weekly newsletter.  I don't hate it but I am finding that the half hour goes so quickly and the group doesn't usually get much time to talk.  Yes we talk about the topic but not much time to share "food finds", recipes and feelings about challenges etc.  I really like this leader, she's great but I sort of miss the old style meetings where you just sort of chatted about this weight loss journey and how the program was going for you with others that shared ideas and strategies.  And they really really push the products.  Whoah!  Are we on commission here?  I get it, WW needs to make money but c'mon.  This is just my opinion but I would be interested to know if I'm the only one that feels this way.  That all being said, it's a great program.  It helped me to lose 58 lbs and get to my goal and it's working again.  It really does work.

I'm going to check off some things on my list.  Number 1 is go to the gym!  Later gators :-)


No comments: