Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life's little ups and downs

It's been a long week.  Without going into any details I have had a lot of stress this week.  Combine that with a husband that is never home and the longest Winter in history and I'm not a happy girl.   I am ready for things to start looking up!

My foot has been really getting me down these days too.  It's really not feeling all that much better.  By the time I get home from work it's throbbing in pain.  Mostly in the heel area.  It's almost like I can feel the heel spur.  I know it's likely psychological but who knows?  Last week I went to the gym a total of ZERO times.  I just haven't felt like going with my foot so sore.  I thought the insoles were helping and I think they are but I guess it's just not getting better as fast I had hoped.  So more rest and physiotherapy for me.  Fun Runs coming up that I won't be able to attend makes me sad.  Feeling sorry for myself for sure.  I'm having a bit of a pity party over here!


Ok, working on it.  Hahaha!

Weight Watchers was good this week.  I lost 1.2 lbs.  Not a huge loss but slow and steady is ok by me.  I reached my 5% goal and I can't believe I'm almost at the 10 lb mark.  Hopefully by next week.  I was a bit "snacky" this week.  I need to work on shutting down the kitchen and pantry early in the evening.  It's becoming a problem.  So that is my goal this week.  Stop the night time snacks.  I'm going to limit myself to one.  Hopefully I can stick to this.  That being said I haven't been going over in points at all, just perhaps eating too many of them in the evening.  I am a bit of a point hoarder.  I used to do this when I was losing before too.  Eat a low point breakfast and lunch, just in case I wanted to eat a big supper (I'm not much of a meal planner if you hadn't noticed!).  It usually backfires because you end up with too many points left over at the end of the night or you eat them all in the evening in the form of SNACKS!  Gotta stop this.  It's all about finding the right balance.  

One thing I have been doing is lots of stairs at work.  We have a huge spiral staircase 4 floors up.  I try to do this on my breaks.  Up and down as many times as I can.  Probably not good for my foot but it's pretty much the only exercise I've been getting lately.  Especially last week.  Life, is full of ups and downs.  Here's hoping I start getting more "ups" than "downs" soon! 

stairs......





No comments: