Saturday, February 25, 2012

Goal Weight!!

Yesterday was a good day.  I stepped on the scale at home and it read 161.6 lbs.  I couldn't believe it!  Today was going to be the day I've been waiting for, working so hard for.  I took a picture Bitchcakes style.

bathroom at work - before WW meeting


Stepped on the scale at WW and the number was 164.4 lbs!!  (I weigh in at noon, fully clothed so it's always about 3 lbs heavier than at home naked first thing)  My leader and I discussed my options.  Should I wait to officially reach goal when I get back from holiday in Arizona / Las Vegas, or make today my goal day.  We decided that I should make today goal day.  She assured me that I have the next 6 weeks (maintenance) to adjust my points accordingly.  WW requires you to go on Maintenance for 6 weeks to become a lifetime member.  During that 6 weeks you are supposed to increase the amount of points you eat per day so that eventually you can figure out how many to eat to maintain your weight (that is not lose and not gain).  So the plan is to try not to gain during my trip.  

Maintenance book and star "at goal" charm


I was given my star charm award to put on my key chain during the meeting.  Everyone clapped and I was asked to say a few words about my journey.  I felt like a celebrity!!  I had some before pictures with me so I passed them around.  I felt so good.  Amazing feeling.  I want to remember this day forever.  When I went back to work I told a few people at work.  They were very happy for me too.  I really felt like I was on top of the world!  

How am I feeling about changing my goal?  I have mixed emotions about my goal.  After losing 3 lbs this week I can't help but think "why not keep going and get to 160?"  But I think I am smart to keep it at the 165.  I really, really struggled these past few months and I want a weight that I will be able to maintain.  I think I can maintain this.  I look at my body now and I see flaws, but I also see a "normal" sized body.  Not overweight and not skinny.  Somewhere in between.  And I'm good with that.  

I'm looking forward to our trip.  We leave on Friday.  I am excited to go shopping and buy some new clothes.  I've come a long way.  I'm very proud of myself :-)

Before
after










4 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Congrats! You look fabulous and your attitude about life is fantastic. I love it!

Super proud of you!

Nancy said...

Hurray!!! You did it. What an accomplishment this is. No looking back now.
And I'm sorry....you are my sister and all, but I do not recognize you in that before picture. OMG!

Shelley said...

Congratulations!!!! So pleased for you...and wow, what an amazing change in the before and after shots! You look gorgeous and so much younger!!

Paige said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy the new you! You've worked hard for that new body of yours.