Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I had a small gain this week.  0.4 lb.  It's a bummer for sure but here's the thing, the scale at home is showing a loss which is good.  Also, I think it may have been a clothes thing because I was wearing different jeans than last week.  In the end I can't let it get me down.  I had a great week in the food and exercise department so I'm happy with that.  The scale will catch up eventually.  My scale at home today said 175.2!  That is the lowest I have been since having the boys.  Feels great!

Today is the first of the 2 Thanksgiving feasts I will be attending.  How will I plan for this you may ask?  I ate light so far today so that helps and I will use a good portion of my 49 bonus points between today and tomorrow.  I love pumpkin pie so I will be having some.  I will just pick and choose the things I can't live without and leave the things that I don't LOVE!  I do love turkey though so that's good, it's low on points.  Also, I am planning on earning some activity points.  I am going for a walk of the bridges today and I've already done an hour of yoga.  Tomorrow there is a Body Pump class I am planning on going to.  It's one hour of weights, works every muscle in your body!  It's great.  Lots of squats and lunges, ab work....you name it.  I sweat in that one for sure!!

I am very thankful this year for my health.  I am amazed every day by this body of mine and what it can do.  I have come so far since January 12, 2011 when I had the second surgery on my ankle for tendon damage.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family :-)  "We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude" - Cynthia Ozick

No comments: