Monday, December 7, 2009

Discouraged :-(


December 7, 2009

On December 2nd I had tendon repair surgery on my left ankle. It has been rough. Not what I had imagined at all. I guess I really wasn't prepared. Basically the peroneus brevis tendons were both split, so the surgeon sewed them up. So far I am on crutches with absolutely no weight bearing on that foot at all. The first few days it was so sore and the Tylenol 3's were not even touching the pain. I finally got Mom to come over and remove the splint/cast (Dr. Rees said we could). I think it was pressing on the incision and causing the pain. The hardest part has been using the crutches on the stairs. I had no idea how hard that would be. So, I am living in the upstairs part of the house and depending on others to get me meals and drinks. It sucks. I think for a fit, healthy, young person crutches wouldn't be that bad but of course I'm not young, fit or very healthy. It's hard. This is day 6. Tomorrow I am going to the Cast clinic to see Dr. Rees. Not sure what he will do next. I think the hardest part of this is the thoughts going through my head. I keep thinking that this may not work. I fear that I will be burdened with this sore ankle forever. I know that I should think positive but it's hard to do that. I have read on the internet that it quite often doesn't work and there is no guarantees that it will. I really hope that it will be the end of the problems. I am going to post some pictures tonight. It's really not pretty.

No comments: