Friday, November 15, 2013

25 things you might not know about me

Hello all!

I thought I would do a "things about me" post.  I was going to do 10 but decided on 25.  Once I got started I just couldn't stop!

25 things about me:

1)  I'm obsessed with sunrises and sunsets!  

2)  I love beaches and the ocean

3)  My favourite food is ice cream

4)  My favourite colour is pink.  2nd favourite is light teal (like the ocean!)

5)  I'm the youngest of 4 children

6)  I met my husband in Kindergarten

7)  I want to learn to take beautiful pictures

8)  I love dogs and I dislike cats

9)  I'm a scrapbooker and have a huge paper collection

10)  I have also knitted, made jewelry, painted wood (folk art) and done ceramics.  I guess you could say I'm crafty!

11)  I love Birthdays and I always get sad when mine is over

12)  I hate Winter and I love Summer

13)  I'm not afraid of bugs but I am afraid of snakes

14)  I am very sensitive and tend to get hurt easily by what people say

15)  My favourite movies are romantic comedies.  I dislike science fiction, war and horror movies.

16)  I have lived in the same city all my life except one year

17)  the toilet paper has to roll from the top not the bottom.  And I will change it if it's wrong

18)  One of my favourite authors is Diana Gabaldon and I've met her 3 times

19)  My celebrity crush is Justin Timberlake

20)  My favourite number has always been 2.  I try to pick things with that number in it

21)  I love to travel!  On my list of places I want to see are New York City, Italy, Greece and anywhere in the Caribbean.

22)  I have worn glasses or contacts since I was 7 years old

23)  My name is Kim Marie but I always wished it was Kimberly

24)  I sewed my own Grade 12 Graduation dress.  It was pink satin with ribbon detail.  My date didn't show up for my prom :-(, needless to say it was our last date.

25)  I think I'm a good singer but no one has ever told me


On to weight loss items.  I am doing pretty good.  Trying to be patient with myself and not beat myself up.  This is hard for me.  One thing that I have always struggled with was the number on the scale.  It makes me crazy.  I get obsessed with weighing in too much.  Seeing a loss makes me happy, and in a sense a little cocky so I eat more.  Seeing a gain makes me sad, which makes me eat more.  It's not good.  I saw someone post about a Quantum scale.  It's a very cool idea.  It's a scale that never shows your weight!  Well not the number anyway.  It actually records your initial weight (without showing you the scary number), then it will show you a plus or minus of pounds (or kilograms) gained or lost.  I ordered one and have been using it this week.  I have to say it's pretty cool.  I'm not sure it's real accurate.  I'll keep you posted.  Eventually I will go back to a real scale because I will be curious but this is working for now.  Here's the site if you want to check it out quantumscale.com

No comments: